Department: Computer-Aided Design
Program/Major Code: AASELECMECHN/CAD2/DFTC
CIP Code: 15.1301
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, the learner will be able to:
- Recall drawing and modification functions of CAD software.
- Identify and interpret information provided in technical drawings, schematics, or mask sets.
- Demonstrate digital proficiency (use of a computer; basic operating system functions; network, drive, and directory navigation; etc.)
- Produce two-dimensional drawings using traditional visualization techniques.
- Integrate principles of related fields into the use of CAD software.
- Recognize principles of related fields that inform the use of CAD software.
- Analyze relationships between design elements for parametric modeling.
- Differentiate successful workplace skills in individual and collaborative contexts.
- Creat production documents employing standard conventions and requirements.
- Propose and evaluate design solutions based on defined criteria.
This pathway is a suggested sequence of courses for your program of study. Work with an advisor to develop a unique pathway for you based on your placement recommendations, any prior college courses, and your specific situation. The courses listed reflect the minimum requirements for this program. Designed for students who have completed prerequisites and have met college preparatory requirements in math, writing and reading.
General Education Note: Ensure that one general education CTE course fulfills one of the awareness categories: