Dec 09, 2023
CAD 206 - Commercial Design: Revit 4 Credits, 6 Contact Hours
3 lecture periods 3 lab periods
Computer-Aided Design (CAD) of commercial buildings using Revit. Includes commercial CAD skills, research, design, integrated 3D modeling, rendering, virtual building construction, detailing and documentation.
Prerequisite(s): CAD 166
Course Learning Outcomes
- Utilize Revit to create a commercial building model which integrates architectural, structural, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Interpret an architectural program for a commercial building.
- Identify, consider and apply codes, ordinances and regulations.
- Formulate site and floor plans.
- Compose building and wall sections.
- Design building elevations.
- Create reflected ceiling plans.
- Recognize and implement coordination for structural, mechanical, plumbing and electrical design.
- Produce a preliminary set of construction drawings.
- Solve design issues for special construction.
- Create a 3D virtual project model and renderings.
- Commercial project Revit model
- Functional adjacencies
- Spatial relationships
- Material selection
- Structural systems
- Mechanical/HVAC systems
- Plumbing systems
- Electrical systems
- Architectural Program
- Client needs
- Space requirements
- Circulation requirements
- Code Understanding and Research
- Local Zoning Ordinances,
- International Building Code
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Site and Floor Plans
- Site plan drawings
- Site plan notes
- Zoning and landscaping summaries
- Floor plan drawings
- Floor plan notes and dimensions
- Building and Wall Sections
- Section drawings
- Section and material notes
- Construction Detailing
- Building Elevations
- Composition of building elements
- Scale and proportion
- Building elevation drawing
- Building elevation notes and dimensions
- Reflected Ceiling Plans
- Reflected ceiling plans
- Reflected ceiling notes
- Reflected ceiling symbols and abbreviations
- Engineering Coordination
- Structural Systems
- Mechanical Systems
- Plumbing Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Fire Protection Systems
- Preliminary Construction Drawings
- Schematic Design Documents
- Document Organization
- Legends and Schedules
- Special Construction Applications
- Stairways and elevators
- 3D modeling
- Virtual modeling
- Graphic presentations
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)