Dec 09, 2023
CAD 207 - Land Development Design: Civil 3D 4 Credits, 6 Contact Hours
3 lecture periods 3 lab periods
Computer-Aided Design (CAD) specific to sites for construction of buildings, roads, and utilities at the intermediate level using Civil 3D. Includes intermediate civil drafting technology, intermediate surveying, intermediate location and direction, intermediate mapping, intermediate legal descriptions and plot plans, intermediate contour lines, intermediate profiles, intermediate road layout, intermediate earthwork, intermediate Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
Prerequisite(s): CAD 157
Course Learning Outcomes
- Discuss the intermediate level aspects of Civil design.
- Perform intermediate level calculations pertinent to surveying.
- Apply intermediate level location and direction conventions.
- Identify intermediate level mapping scales and symbols.
- Draft intermediate level parcels from legal descriptions.
- Develop intermediate level contour lines from surveying field data.
- Construct intermediate level profiles from topographic databases.
- Prepare intermediate level roadway plan and profile layouts.
- Determine intermediate level cut-and-fill requirements for a given project.
- Utilize GIS databases for retrieval of intermediate level project specific data.
- Intermediate Civil Design Technology
- Civil engineering firms
- Civil design techniques
- Intermediate Surveying
- Measuring distance
- Measuring elevation
- Intermediate Location and Direction
- Quadrangle maps
- Map geometry
- Latitudes and departures
- Intermediate Mapping
- Intermediate Legal Descriptions and Plot Plans
- Metes and bounds
- Lot and block
- Intermediate Contour Lines
- Plotting from field notes
- Intermediate Profiles
- Contour map profiles
- Profile leveling
- Plan and profile
- Intermediate Road Layout
- Plan layout
- Profile layout
- Intermediate Earthwork
- Cross sections
- Earthwork calculations
- Intermediate Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Data formats
- Related disciplines
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)