Dec 09, 2023
CAD 266 - Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing Drafting & Design:Revit MEP 4 Credits, 6 Contact Hours
3 lecture periods 3 lab periods
3D modeling of commercial mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. Includes integration with architectural and structural systems, and production of construction documents.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate basic skills: file management, importing 2D CAD drawings, and creating views.
- Navigate ribbon menu, project browser and type selector; and determine project demand settings
- Create and develop MEP site plans.
- Integrate the architectural model into MEP project and develop MPE floor level(s) individually for Mechanical (HVAC), Electrical (lighting and power plans) and plumbing; insert MEP components; and demonstrate a basic understanding of editing tools.
- Develop utility elevations and sections.
- Develop MEP schedules and diagrams.
- Develop 3D views for design study and interference coordination.
- Differentiate notations and dimensions.
- Create sheets for plotting and plotting.
- File Management
- Import architectural model files and other 2D CAD formats into the BIM Model
- Create and utilizing levels and views
- Menu Navigation
- Locating and using the tools
- Understanding the “Project Browser”
- Understanding the “Type Selector”
- Determine Demand Settings
- Total power availability and need
- Wire types
- Entry service equipment (power)
- HVAC supply unit sizing
- Plumbing water pressure demand
- Sanitary sewer demand
- Gas demand
- Calculate, manipulate, and edit
- Lighting and power circuits
- Wire lengths
- Voltage drops
- Panel loads and rebalancing
- Required Gas demand
- Required Water pressure
- Fresh Air intake
- Supply Air and rebalancing
- Required heating and cooling
- Exhaust demand
- Forming MPE Site Plan
- Add features and incoming utilities
- Add proper notation
- Creating MPE Floor Level(s) – What Is a Plan, a Floor, a Level, a Drawing and Sheet in BIM
- Select and place
- Power receptacles
- Power junction boxes
- Placing panels, transformers and disconnect switches
- Light switches
- Circuit wiring
- Home runs
- Wire numbering ticks
- Sink and toilet plumbing
- Sanitary drains and pipes
- Venting pipes
- Water heaters and boilers
- Working with the ceiling plan – select and place:
- Light fixtures
- Duct distribution
- Air supply, exhaust and returns
- Working with the Roof or Building perimeter – select and place
- HVAC air handling units
- Exhaust fans
- Electrical transformers
- Power disconnects
- Exterior lighting
- Edit and change placed components
- Creating Utility Sections and Elevations
- Forming sections and elevations from the plans
- Placing notations and dimensions.
- Creating Panel Schedules
- Creating Light Fixture Schedule
- Plumbing Fixture Schedule
- Mechanical Equipment Schedule
- Create a Plumbing Riser Diagram (isometric)
- Proper notation
- Utilizing 3-D for Interference Coordination
- Become familiar with manipulating views in 3D
- Create camera shots for printing and discussion
- Creating the Final Drawing Sheet
- How to make a sheet with Title Block
- Inserting views
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)