Sep 21, 2023
LTP 119 - Plants for Landscape Design 3 Credits, 3 Contact Hours
3 lecture periods 0 lab periods
Principles and techniques of plant identification and usage. Includes environmental influences, landscape design basic principles, planting and plant care, plant taxonomy, general and specific applications for plants, and plant selection.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Discuss the impacts the environment has on a landscape.
- Differentiate landscape design themes and list characteristics of each.
- Describe the important factors in planting and plant care.
- Define both botanical taxonomy and common name.
- Identify individual plants and describe character and appropriate usage.
- Select appropriate plant materials for a given set of requirements.
- Desert plant adaptations
- Landscape Design
- Landscape themes
- Introduction to landscape design theory and principles
- Climate modification
- Plants and Selection
- Plant selection
- Zones and Microclimates
- Evergreen and deciduous
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Planting and Plant Care
- Diseases and pests
- Plant Taxonomy, Usage, and Applications
- Plant Usage
- Vine and espalier
- Planting design applications
- Development of a planting plan
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)