Jan 21, 2022
DAE 169LC - Dental Assisting Procedures Clinical II 6 Credits, 24 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 24 lab periods
This is the clinical portion of DAE 169 . Application and evaluation of skills acquired in a clinical environment. Includes specialty seminars and guest lecturers; rotations to specialty practices; first and second clinical externship rotation assignments; discussion and analysis of clinical externship; and evaluation process.
Prerequisite(s): DAE 159 , DAE 160 , DAE 161 , DAE 162 , DAE 162 , DAE 163 , DAE 163LC , DAE 164 , DAE 164LB , DAE 165 , and DAE 165LC .
Corequisite(s): DAE 166 , DAE 167 , DAE 169
Information: Consent of program coordinator is required before enrolling in this course.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate clinical experience and competency performing dental assisting functions.
- Specialty Seminars and Guest Lecturers
- Oral surgeon
- Pediatric dentist
- TMD specialist
- Public health
- Dental anesthesiologist
- Rotations to Specialty Practices
- First Clinical Externship Rotation Assignment
- Second Clinical Externship Rotation Assignment
- Discussion and Analysis of Clinical Externship
- Evaluation Process
- Mid-rotation evaluation
- Final rotation evaluation
Full Academic Year 2018/19
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)