Nov 28, 2023
FRE 202 - Intermediate French II [SUN# FRE 2202] 4 Credits, 4 Contact Hours
4 lecture periods 0 lab periods
Continuation of FRE 201 . Includes intermediate grammar structures and vocabulary contexts in oral and written forms and use of a variety of materials in the target language and cultures to promote proficiency in reading, writing, speaking, and listening. Also includes reading selections from authentic media, advanced conversation and discussions, and compositions using intermediate grammar structures.
Prerequisite(s): FRE 201
Information: This course will be conducted primarily in French.
Gen-Ed: Meets AGEC - Options and G; Meets CTE A&H and G.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate French speaking skills by using comprehensible intermediate level structures, vocabulary and pronunciation
- Identify the main idea and some detail when listening to familiar material or authentic speech and/or answer questions and/or follow instructions in French.
- Identify the main ideas and facts of an intermediate level written text in French based on familiar or authentic material.
- Write and/or respond in writing to questions on familiar topics using the present, past (passé), imperfect, and/or pluperfect tenses
- Demonstrate cultural awareness through speaking and/or writing regarding current events and/or salient traditions in French speaking regions
- Ask and answer questions using the present, past (passé), imperfect, and/or pluperfect tenses
- Engage in simple conversations on a variety of topics
- Produce and respond using intermediate grammar structures
- Respond appropriately to oral and written questions
- Produce intelligible pronunciation of French words
- Identify the main idea and specific details in oral speech and authentic selections (such as: interviews, video-clips and songs)
- Ask for clarification when listening to oral speech
- Anticipate and predict information when listening to oral speech
- Answer questions and follow instructions in response to oral speech
- Apply reading strategies to identify the main idea, recognize cognates and false cognates, and use verb tense recognition and previous knowledge to make intelligent guesses
- Indicate both the main idea and specific details when reading a text based largely on familiar and/or authentic material
- Writing Skills
- Apply appropriate spelling and grammar using the present, past (passé), imperfect, and/or pluperfect tenses
- Respond in writing to intermediate-level questions based on known topics
- Write organized short compositions on a variety of
- Cultural Awareness
- Discuss current events in French speaking regions
- Compare and contrast salient traditions in French speaking regions to personal experiences
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)