Sep 29, 2022
BCT 274 - Electrical VII 4 Credits, 6 Contact Hours
2 lecture periods 4 lab periods
Continuation of BCT 273 . Includes advanced controls, signaling systems, specialty transformers, standby and emergency systems, welding machines, HVAC controls, and heat tracing and freeze protection.
Prerequisite(s): BCT 273
Course Learning Outcomes
- Explain the use of solid state controls.
- Demonstrate the proper installation procedures for security and fire systems.
- Discuss the installation of specialty transformers.
- Differentiate standby and emergency power systems.
- Discuss welding machines and their power requirements.
- Troubleshoot HVAC controls.
- Describe heat tracing and freeze protection.
- Advanced Controls
- Motor breaking
- Safety interlocks
- Signaling Systems
- Specialty Transformers
- Constant current
- Standby and Emergency Systems
- Welding Machines
- Method of operation
- HVAC Controls
- Internal controls
- Solid-state circuitry
- Safety controls
- Heat Tracing and Freeze Protection
- Installation techniques
- Resistance heating
- Impedance heating
- Skin effect heating
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)