Aug 14, 2022
AVM 151 - Aircraft Sheet Metal Repair IV 4 Credits, 8 Contact Hours
2 lecture periods 6 lab periods
Continuation of AVM 150 . Includes locking fasteners, damage classifications, and structural repair processes.
Prerequisite(s): AVM 150
Course Learning Outcomes
- Describe the types, materials and sizing of special locking fasteners.
- Demonstrate the use of locking fasteners in structural repair procedures.
- Define and use damage classifications according to the Structural Repair Manual (SRM).
- Use the SRM and the Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC) to determine repair and replacement requirements.
- Describe layout procedures and perform pressurized repair, flush skin and frame repair to heavy materials.
- Special Locking Fasteners
- Types, Materials and Sizing
- Installation Procedures for the following:
- Damage Classifications
- Allowable damage
- Repairable damage
- Replacement of the part
- Damage beyond allowable limits
- Hole preparation and stop drilling of cracks
- Use of the SRM to identify type of damage
- Repair and Replacement Requirements
- Use of the SRM to determine repair procedures
- Use of the IPC to determine parts replacement and effectiveness
- Repair Processes
- Pressurized repairs
- Flush skin repair - heavy material
- Frame repair - heavy material
- External patch repair
Full Academic Year 2021/2022
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)