Aug 12, 2022
AVM 150 - Aircraft Sheet Metal Repair III 4 Credits, 8 Contact Hours
2 lecture periods 6 lab periods
Continuation of AVM 106 . Includes repair publications, materials handling, cable fabrication, machining processes, protective coatings, hand forming and structural repair processes.
Prerequisite(s): AVM 106
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the use of the Structural Repair Manual (SRM), Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC), Service Bulletins (SBs), Airworthiness Directives (ADs), Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs), and Engineering Orders (EOs).
- Describe the methods of material handling and material verification.
- Describe and demonstrate drilling, reaming, heli-coil installation, routing, spot facing, counter boring, torqueing, and jigging.
- Describe and demonstrate coating applications.
- Describe and demonstrate hand forming of flanges, concave curvatures, and convex curvatures.
- Describe layout procedures and perform dent repair, web repair, skin repair, and spar repair.
- Repair Publication Use
- Blueprint reading
- Materials Handling and Verification
- Rules of handling sheet metal
- Importance of verification
- Methods of verification
- Hardness testing identification
- Special Machining Processes
- Drilling and reaming tooling
- Drilling and reaming of close tolerance hardware and fittings
- Rivet shaver
- Routing procedures
- Spot facing application and tooling
- Spot facing procedures
- Counter boring application and tooling
- Counter boring procedures
- Torque applications
- Jig and fixture building
- Protective Coatings
- Alodine treatment
- Primers and applications
- Final coatings and application
- Hand Forming
- Tooling fabrication
- Forming flanges
- Forming concave curvatures
- Forming convex curvatures
- Repair Processes
- Dent repairs
- Web repairs
- Skin repairs
- Spar repair
- Rib repair
Full Academic Year 2021/2022
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)