Aug 01, 2021
FSC 273 - Leadership IV for Fire Service Executives 1 Credits, 1 Contact Hours
1 lecture period 0 lab periods
Continuation of FSC 272 . Includes the local fire department in relation to its city government, local policy development. Also includes legal aspects of the city and department procedures, relationships with organized labor, networking and community relations, relations with local and state fire service providers, and understanding the national and international fire service.
Prerequisite(s): FSC 272
Course Learning Outcomes
- Explain the multiple relationships of a fire department and its local community.
- Develop a plan for networking with public and private agencies and community organizations.
- Identify the political and business processes of the local municipality and their legal aspects.
- Synthesize local, state, national, and international trends of the fire service.
- Local Fire Department and City Government Relationship
- Sources of social stability
- Economic development
- Power structures
- Dealing with multiple constituencies
- Local Policy Development
- Social engineering
- Relevant operations to the culture and community
- How Local Educational Systems Work
- Kindergarten through 12th grade (K-12)
- Community colleges
- Legal Aspects of City and Department Procedures
- American for Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Risk management
- Networking and Community Relations
- Techniques of networking
- Relations with Local and State Fire Service Providers
- Pima County fire chiefs
- State fire marshal
- National and International Fire Service Providers
Full Academic Year 2017/18
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)