Dec 04, 2021
FSC 272 - Leadership III for Fire Service Executives 1 Credits, 1 Contact Hours
1 lecture period 0 lab periods
Continuation of FSC 271 . Includes communication skills, presentation skills, and verbal and writing skills at an executive level. Also includes interpersonal skills, labor relations, conflict management, ethical and unethical persuasion, and the media.
Prerequisite(s): FSC 271
Course Learning Outcomes
- Discuss and demonstrate techniques of persuasive oral and written communication.
- Synthesize and apply communication skills in negotiating through a basic communication process
- Demonstrate presentation techniques for meetings, seminars, public forums, and professional conferences.
- Diagnose your own style of interpersonal communication and that of others.
- Explain and demonstrate conflict situations and the appropriate actions to manage each situation.
- Communication Skills for Executives
- Situations and techniques
- Organizational theories
- Presentation Skills
- Skills at an Executive Level
- Verbal applications
- Writing applications
- Interpersonal Skills
- Labor Relations
- Conflict Management
- Communication skills resolution
- Ethical and Unethical Persuasion
- Openness and inquiry
- Falsification, deception, disqualification, misdirection
- The Media
Full Academic Year 2017/18
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)