Aug 01, 2021
FSC 271 - Leadership II for Fire Service Executives 1 Credits, 1 Contact Hours
1 lecture period 0 lab periods
Continuation of FSC 270 . Includes organizational structure, roles and responsibilities, and organizational values. Also includes organizational vision, fiscal management and priorities, innovative organizations, and executive leadership.
Prerequisite(s): FSC 270
Course Learning Outcomes
- Identify the organizational history including people and events.
- Define supervision, management, and leadership in a fire service organization.
- Examine and describe the vision for the future.
- Explain the organizational culture.
- Synthesize and describe the organizational values.
- Apply principles of fiscal management to internal and external financial resources.
- Organization Culture
- Elements of culture
- Power structures and influences
- Creating culture
- Managing the culture
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Fiscal management and priorities
- Innovative Organizations In Search of Excellence
- Executive Leadership for Organizational Excellence
- Self knowledge
- Taking risks
Full Academic Year 2017/18
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)