Sep 19, 2021
The Ethnic, Gender, and Transborder Studies (EGTS) Concentrationoffers an interdisciplinary study of the histories, cultures, socio-economic concerns, politics, and identities of people of color and people of multiple genders and sexualities on their own terms.This concentration offers courses in American Indian Studies, Gender and Women’s Studies (including LGBTQ), Global Studies, and Mexican American Studies.
What can I do with this concentration?
Academic Options: This program has been designed to match as closely as possible the first two years of an Ethnic; Gender and Women’s Studies; or other related social sciences degree at the University of Arizona. Students planning to transfer to another university should meet with an advisor to complete a transfer plan.
or contact any campus Student Services office: https://www.pima.edu/student-resources/advising/index.html
Program/Major/Concentration Code: AOAALA/ALA1/EGTS
English Composition: 6 Credits
Humanities and Fine Arts: 6 Credits
Biological and Physical Sciences: 8 Credits
Social and Behavioral Sciences: 6 Credits
Other Requirements: †
- Second Language courses fulfill this requirement
- Second Language course numbered 202 fulfills the G requirements (or the C requirement if the language is ASL). The I and either the C or G requirement should be fulfilled by selecting appropriate courses in the above categories.
Required Core Courses
A grade of C or better is required for graduation. Select 5 transferable courses from the following prefixes:
Required Support Courses
A grade of C or better is required for graduation.
Second Language Requirement: 16 Credits
- Complete second language course sequence through 202, fourth-semester level.
See an advisor or counselor if:
- you are a bilingual student to discuss exceptions to this requirement or
- if you are considering taking the CLEP test to earn language credits or
- if the university major does not require a second language, this requirement may be waived
If this requirement is met in fewer than 16 credits, or if the language requirement is waived, additional transferable electives are necessary to meet the minimum associate degree requirement of 60 credit hours.
Total Credits as Displayed: 60 Credits
† Core or support course(s) fulfill this requirement.
¥ The AGEC requires 35 credits. This subtotal shows the AGEC credits not fulfilled by core or support courses.
** Courses cross listed with AIS, GLS, GWS, and MAS prefixes may also be applied to meet required core coursework.
NOTE: Some core courses may also fulfill AGEC category requirements. If you complete a core course which “double-dips” to also meet general education requirements, you will need to complete additional transfer courses to meet the minimum 60 credits required for an associate’s degree.