Feb 24, 2024
Conditional Enrollment Program:
Please see admission requirements
Department: Education - Post-Degree Teacher Certification
Program/Major Codes: CRDELM/ELM2
CIP Code: 13.1202
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, the learner will be able to:
- Understand how learners grow and develop, recognizing that patterns of learning and development vary individually within and across the cognitive, linguistic, social, emotional, and physical domains.
- Apply understanding of individual differences and diverse cultures and communities to ensure inclusive learning environments that enable each learner to meet high standards.
- Recognize and create learning environments that support individual and collaborative learning, and that encourage positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, and self-motivation.
- Understand the central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structures of core disciplines and create learning experiences that make the disciplines accessible and meaningful for learners to assure mastery of the content.
- Understand how to connect concepts and use differing perspectives to engage learners in critical thinking, creativity, and collaborative problem solving.
- Understand and utilize multiple methods of assessment to engage learners in their own growth, to monitor learner progress, and to guide the teacher’s and learner’s decision making.
- Plan instruction that supports every student in meeting rigorous learning goals by drawing upon knowledge of content areas, curriculum, cross-disciplinary skills, and pedagogy, as well as knowledge of learners.
- Utilize a variety of instructional strategies to encourage learners to develop deep understanding of content areas and their connections, and to build skills to apply knowledge in meaningful ways.
- Engage in ongoing professional learning and use evidence to continually evaluate his/her practice, particularly the effects of his/her choices and actions on others.
- Design and evaluate learning experiences incorporating digital tools and resources to maximize content learning.
This pathway is a suggested sequence of courses for your program of study. Work with an advisor to develop a unique pathway for you based on your placement recommendations, any prior college courses, and your specific situation. The courses listed reflect the minimum requirements for this program.
Courses must be completed with grades of C or higher. Field Experience must be completed with grades of B or higher. A program GPA of 3.0 or higher is required for graduation.
Total Credits as Displayed: 40-43 Credits