ART 124 - Metal Casting
1 Credits, 1.5 Contact Hours
0.5 lecture periods 1 lab period
Introduction to metal casting. Includes metal casting techniques, and individualized projects.
Information: May be taken two times for a maximum of two credit hours. If this course is repeated, see a financial aid or Veteran’s Affairs advisor to determine funding eligibility as appropriate.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the use of metal casting techniques including proper safety.
- Create an individualized project using metal casting techniques.
I. Metal Casting Techniques
- Wax forming
- Investment mold making
- Wax burn out
- Metal chasing and finishing
- Health and safety practices in metal casting
II. Individualized Project Possibilities
- Non-representational form
- Functional object
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)