Feb 07, 2023
WRT 207 - Creative Nonfiction 3 Credits, 3 Contact Hours
3 lecture periods 0 lab periods
Creative nonfiction writing. Includes techniques of creative nonfiction writing, original writing, and critical responses to nonfiction.
Prerequisite(s): WRT 102 with a grade of C or better.
Information: Consent of instructor is required to enroll in this course.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Describe techniques of creative nonfiction writing.
- Apply techniques to original works.
- Explain critical responses to creative nonfiction.
- Demonstrate digital literacy through reading texts online, creating web/blog posts, or analyzing material in an online literary magazine/journal.
- Techniques of Creative Nonfiction Writing
- Material for works
- Writing process
- Adaptation of fiction techniques
- Types of creative nonfiction
- Original Writing
- Short writing exercises
- Creative works totaling 6000 words or more
- Critical Responses to Nonfiction
- Techniques of analysis
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)