Sep 26, 2023
WRT 206 - Short Story Writing 3 Credits, 3 Contact Hours
3 lecture periods 0 lab periods
Short fiction writing. Includes fiction writing techniques, critical responses to fiction, and original writing.
Prerequisite(s): WRT 102 with a C or better.
Gen-Ed: Meets AGEC - FA; Meets - CTE - A&H.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Describe the purpose, function, and effects of fiction writing techniques.
- Respond critically to fiction.
- Apply fiction writing techniques to original writing.
- Demonstrate digital literacy through reading texts online, creating web/blog posts, or analyzing material in an online literary magazine/journal.
- Fiction Writing Techniques
- Character development
- Plot and structure
- Point of view
- Critical Responses to Fiction
- Applying fictional terms to analysis
- Critiquing others’ writing
- Analyzing style
- Describing the total effect of a fictional work
- Original Writing
- Following a writing process
- Completing writing exercises totaling 6000 words or more
- Composing a short story of at least 2000 words
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)