Nov 28, 2023
MAT 092LB - Mathematics Success Support 1 Credits, 2 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 2 lab periods
Provides content and activities to support the conceptual learning of the topics in MAT 092 . Includes a foundation for success in future math or quantitative literacy courses.
Corequisite(s): MAT 092
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply Math 92 topics such as linear equations, systems of linear equations, and polynomials to real world problems
- Model effective math study skills.
- Participate collaboratively in activities.
- Demonstrate growth mindset behaviors.
- Identify characteristics, causes, and misconceptions related to math anxiety.
- Conceptual Understanding
- Previous and future concept alignment with current topic
- The ability to describe how concepts are related
- Application Problems
- Linear equations
- Systems of linear equations
- Effective Math Study Skills
- Note taking skills
- Test taking skills
- Test review processes
- Collaborative Work Skills
- Active listening skills
- Nonverbal communication effects
- Team building exercises
- Develop a Growth Mindset
- Attributes of a growth vs fixed mindset
- Growth mindset behaviors
- Personal actions that reflect a growth mindset
- Strategies to Reduce Math and Test Anxiety
- Characteristics of anxiety
- Causes of anxiety
- Current research on anxiety (academic and test taking)
- Methods to reduce anxiety
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)