Aug 08, 2022
HRM 199WK - Co-op Work: Hotel and Restaurant Management 1-3 Credits, 5-15 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 5-15 lab periods
A supervised cooperative work program for students in hotel and restaurant management. Teacher-coordinators work with students and their supervisors. Variable credit is available by special arrangement.
Prerequisite(s): HRM 100
Information: May be taken two times for a maximum of six credit hours. If this course is repeated, see a financial aid or Veteran’s Affairs advisor to determine funding eligibility as appropriate.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Successfully complete 320-HR minimum work-based learning experience at an approved Hospitality site, utilizing the principles, knowledge and skills learned in the classroom and laboratory in real-life work-based learning (this may include any hospitality setting).
- Apply the principles, knowledge, and skills learned in classroom and laboratory in real work situations.
- Demonstrate improved skills, competence, and levels of accuracy in handling responsibility and work assignments.
- Demonstrate skills in managing human relations: peers (children, customers, clients, etc.) and supervisors.
- Deal responsibly with the world of work: reporting promptly and management of time, energy, and stress.
- Demonstrate improved understanding of the career field.
Students are assigned to work (5 hours per credit per week) in a selected field experience job, which is appropriate to their program of study and their level of readiness to enter the world of work. They will meet with the instructor and on-site supervisor to enhance growth and evaluate progress. Weekly seminars with other students in the Cooperative Education/field experience or practicum will provide further insights and growth. Evaluation will be based on each student’s planned objectives and activities for the experience.
- Real Work Situations
- Handling Responsibility and Work Assignments
- Skills in Managing Human Relations
- Work Responsibilities
- Time Management
- Understanding Career Field
- Corporate Culture
Full Academic Year 2019/2020
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)