Aug 09, 2022
FSS 183 - Theory of Coaching Baseball 2 Credits, 2 Contact Hours
2 lecture periods 0 lab periods
Instruction in the theory of coaching baseball techniques and methods. Includes role of the coach, game management, baseball techniques, and improving performance.
Recommendation: Participation on a baseball team or league and some knowledge of the game before enrolling in this course.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Describe the role of a coach in season planning.
- Identify the elements of good communication.
- Demonstrate performance goals and teaching concepts effectively.
- Apply training principles to preseason, on-season, and post-season training.
- Describe sport physiology and sport psychology
- Role of the Coach
- Season planning
- Conducting tryouts
- Conducting practices
- Game Management
- Making a lineup
- Team concepts for offense and defense
- Baseball Techniques
- Infield and outfield
- Throwing and pitching
- Improving Performance
- Motivation techniques
- Sport physiology
- Sport psychology
- Levels of coaching
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)