Aug 14, 2022
FDC 223 - Computer Patternmaking II 3 Credits, 5 Contact Hours
2 lecture periods 3 lab periods
Continuation of FDC 123 . Includes introduction to software pattern libraries, advanced computer flat patternmaking, and using computer-aided pattern design.
Prerequisite(s): FDC 123
Course Learning Outcomes
- Exhibit beginning and advanced computer flat patternmaking techniques.
- Demonstrate advanced measurement techniques.
- Create a full scale replica of original designs.
- Exhibit problem-solving skills with regard to creation of original designs.
- Explain and maintain industry standards throughout the production process.
- Describe grading and how it relates to pattern sizing.
- Introduction to Software Pattern Libraries
- Measurements and proper measurement techniques
- Defaults in pattern library
- Advanced measurement techniques
- Sewing and fitting muslin test garment
- Advanced Computer Flat Patternmaking
- Advanced bodices, sleeves, collars, skirts, pattern details
- Dresses and sheaths
- Grading and its relationship to sizing
- Using Computer-Aided Pattern Design
- Creation of original designs
- Execution of original designs
Full Academic Year 2019/2020
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)