Aug 14, 2022
FDC 221 - Flat Pattern Making II 3 Credits, 5 Contact Hours
2 lecture periods 3 lab periods
Continuation of FDC 121 . Includes measurement, marking and fitting, review of sloper slash and spread methods of design, pattern preparation, determining garment patterns, garment construction, and evaluation of individual garment design and construction.
Prerequisite(s): FDC 121
Recommendation: Students should have a grade of C or higher in the prerequisite course before enrolling in this course.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply specific body measurements to flat pattern design.
- Utilize slash and spread methods for flat pattern design.
- Apply appropriate pattern markings and seam allowances to pattern pieces.
- Create a garment using flat pattern design.
- Produce a fully constructed garment using flat patterns created in class.
- Evaluate clothing designs related to flat pattern design.
- Measurement, Marking, and Fitting
- Review of Sloper Slash and Spread Methods of Design
- Pattern Preparation
- Determining Garment Patterns
- Garment Construction
- Evaluation of Individual Garment Design and Construction
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)