Aug 08, 2022
FDC 199WK - Co-op Work: Fashion Design and Clothing 1-5 Credits, 5-25 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 5-25 lab periods
A supervised work environment in the Fashion Apparel field. Includes completion of hours, knowledge of fashion industry job site, demonstration of aptitudes and abilities, journal/record of daily experiences and observations, and maintaining a written and digital contact list.
Corequisite(s): FDC 199
Information: Consent of instructor or department chair and successful completion of twelve (12) credit hours of FDC course work required before enrolling in this course. May be taken four times for a maximum of twenty credit hours. If this course is repeated, see a financial aid or Veteran’s Affairs advisor to determine funding eligibility as appropriate.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Completion of required number of hours at an approved work site under supervision with successful evaluation.
- Gain knowledge and an understanding of a specific area in the fashion industry.
- Demonstrate attitude and abilities that are appropriate for a prospective employee in the fashion industry as evaluated by the employer.
- Develop an awareness of the scope of jobs available within the filed of fashion merchandising and acquire competencies directly related to these jobs.
- Maintain a journal of work experience.
- Maintain a record of contacts.
- Completion of Hours in Field
- Complete written contract with employer and signed by instructor and self outlining the hours and internship requirements
- Complete self assessment journal
- Instructor assessment
- Employer assessment
- Knowledge and Understanding of Fashion Industry Job Site
- Describe various jobs at fashion industry job site
- Interview two (2) people in different jobs including observations and analysis in your journal
- Demonstration of Aptitudes and Abilities
- Employer evaluation
- Instructor evaluation
- Journal / Record on Daily Experience and Observation on Job
- Maintaining Written and Digital Contact List
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)