Sep 27, 2023
CAD 257 - Advanced Land Development Design: Civil 3D 4 Credits, 6 Contact Hours
3 lecture periods 3 lab periods
Continuation of CAD 207 at the advanced level using Civil 3D. Includes advanced civil design technology, advanced surveying, advanced location and direction, advanced mapping, advanced legal descriptions and plot plans, advanced contour lines, advanced profiles, advanced road layout, advanced earthwork, and advanced Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
Prerequisite(s): CAD 207
Course Learning Outcomes
- Discuss the advanced level aspects of Civil design.
- Perform advanced level calculations pertinent to surveying.
- Apply advanced level location and direction conventions.
- Identify advanced level mapping scales and symbols.
- Draft advanced level parcels from legal descriptions.
- Develop advanced level contour lines from surveying field data.
- Construct advanced level profiles from topographic databases.
- Prepare advanced level roadway plan and profile layouts.
- Determine advanced level cut-and-fill requirements for a given project.
- Utilize GIS databases for retrieval of advanced level project specific data.
- Advanced Civil Design Technology
- Civil engineering firms
- Civil design techniques
- Advanced Surveying
- Measuring distance
- Measuring elevation
- Advanced Location and Direction
- Quadrangle maps
- Map geometry
- Latitudes and departures
- Advanced Mapping
- Advanced Legal Descriptions and Plot Plans
- Metes and bounds
- Lot and block
- Advanced Contour Lines
- Plotting from field notes
- Advanced Profiles
- Contour map profiles
- Profile leveling
- Plan and profile
- Advanced Road Layout
- Plan layout
- Profile layout
- Advanced Earthwork
- Cross sections
- Earthwork calculations
- Advanced Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Data formats
- Related disciplines
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)