Jun 10, 2023
CRC 291 - Clinical Research Coordinator Internship 3 Credits, 6 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 6 lab periods
Supervised work experience in a clinical research setting. Includes emphasis on the observation and enhancement of professional and management skills team communication and interaction, and the application of research principles, procedures, protocols, and regulations in the workplace. Student will rotate through a variety of research sites agreed upon by the instructor and student.
Prerequisite(s): CRC 230 and CRC 250IN
Information: Student must meet internship eligibility before registering for this course. If this course is repeated, see a financial aid or Veteran’s Affairs advisor to determine funding eligibility as appropriate.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply research project coordination concepts and practices to clinical trial projects in a research setting.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of research and medical terminology.
- Simulate the recruitment, enrollment and retention procedures for study participants.
- Perform the review of study participant’s file data for completeness and accuracy.
- Demonstrate professional workplace behavior, i.e. appearance, attitude, communication and respect for team members and study participants.
- Analyze and critique, in writing, internship experiences at the research sites.
- Observing and Performing Clinical Research Activities at the Different Research Sites
- Participating in and Implementing New or Ongoing Clinical Research Activities
- Completing Selected Clinical Research Compliance Evaluation Activities
- Adjusting Applications of Knowledge, Practices, Protocols, Procedures and Behaviors as Recommended
- Completion of Assignments Designated by Site Mentor and Instructional Faculty
- Participation in Self-Assessment of Performance with Site Mentor/Instructional Faculty
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)