Sep 29, 2022
BCT 183 - Residential and Industrial Plumbing III 4 Credits, 6 Contact Hours
2 lecture periods 4 lab periods
Continuation of BCT 182 . Concepts and installation procedures for water service, fixtures, and appliances. Includes installing and testing water supply piping, fixtures, valves, and faucets; electrical applications; water heaters; fuel gas systems; and servicing of fixtures, valves, and faucets.
Prerequisite(s): BCT 182 or concurrent enrollment.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to safely size and install a water service line and provide for water hammer protection.
- Demonstrate the ability to install bathtubs, shower stalls, valves, faucets, water closets, urinals, lavatories, sinks, and pop-up drains.
- Demonstrate the use of proper electrical measuring equipment.
- Install an electric water and a gas heater.
- Design, size, purge, and test fuel gas systems.
- Identify the proper procedures for repairing and maintaining fixtures and faucets.
- Installing and Testing Water Supply Piping
- Main to meter water service
- Water heater, softener, and hose bibbs
- Locating the fixtures
- Installing pipe hangers and supports
- Modifying the structural members
- Main supply lines
- Completing the installation
- Installing Fixtures, Valves, and Faucets
- Before you install the fixtures
- Installing bathtubs and shower stalls
- Installing valves and faucets
- Installing valves for water closets and urinals
- Installing lavatories, sinks, and pop-up drains
- Installing water closets
- Installing urinals
- Introduction to Electricity
- Ohms Law
- Installing Water Heaters
- Basic operation of water heaters
- Types of water heaters
- Indirect water heaters
- Selecting water heaters
- Installing water heaters
- Fuel Gas Systems
- Types of oil and gas used as fuels
- Common factors in fuel systems
- Factors specific to gas, LPG, and fuel oil systems
- Servicing of Fixtures, Valves and Faucets
- Servicing of fixtures, valves and faucets
- Types of valves
- Problems caused by installation and water
Full Academic Year 2018/19
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)