Aug 12, 2022
AVM 204 - Aircraft Sheet metal Repair VI 4 Credits, 8 Contact Hours
2 lecture periods 6 lab periods
Continuation of AVM 203 . Includes sealants and sealant applications, heat treatment, plastics and plastic repairs and structural repair processes.
Prerequisite(s): AVM 203
Course Learning Outcomes
- Describe aircraft sealant materials, use and safety.
- Demonstrate sealant application.
- Demonstrate heat treatment and tempering of alloy steels.
- Demonstrate layout and repair of formed sections.
- Demonstrate layout and repair of extruded sections.
- Sealants - General
- Basic concept and definitions
- Sealing materials
- Types of sealant applications
- Sealing equipment
- Storage of sealant
- Preparation of sealants
- General safety precautions
- Inspection requirements
- Sealant Application
- Sealant application technique
- Sealing fuel tanks
- Sealing structural repairs
- Sealing pressure vessels
- Specialized curing techniques
- Heat Treatment
- Basic heat treatment of alloy steels
- Tempering for specific properties
- Structural Repair Processes
- Formed section repair
- Extruded section repair
Full Academic Year 2021/2022
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)