Aug 14, 2022
ART 220 - Sculpture 3 Credits, 5 Contact Hours
2 lecture periods 3 lab periods
Exploration of methods, materials, and content used in sculpture. Includes studio project concept, media and technique, sculpture lab health and safety procedures, and visual literacy and critical analysis.
Prerequisite(s): ART 120
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate development of content through exploration of sculptural concepts.
- Demonstrate development of skills in using a range of three-dimensional media and techniques.
- Demonstrate safe work practices and the ability to use equipment safely and properly.
- Demonstrate visual literacy and critical analysis skills.
- Studio Project Concept
- Object based
- Media and Technique
- Mold making
- Metals fabrication
- Finishing techniques
- Sculpture Lab Health and Safety Procedures
- Personal protective equipment use
- Proper use of tools and equipment
- Machine and tool guards
- Proper safety application
- Safety demonstrations
- Proper safety processes
- Visual Literacy and Critical Analysis
- Individual critiques
- Group critique
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)