Jul 07, 2022
ARB 102 - Elementary Modern Standard Arabic II 4 Credits, 4 Contact Hours
4 lecture periods 0 lab periods
Continuation of ARB 101 . Includes additional uses of Modern Standard Arabic alphabet, grammatical structures interpersonal transactions and protocols, and cultural contexts. Also includes additional speaking, listening, reading, and writing of Arabic.
Prerequisite(s): ARB 101
Gen-Ed: Meets AGEC - Options; Meets CTE - A&H.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Read and write additional characters and sentences in the modern standard Arabic alphabet and pronounce additional modern standard Arabic sounds, consonants, words, and sentences.
- Apply additional simple grammatical structures to daily communication.
- Describe common interpersonal transactions and protocols.
- Identify and discuss additional customs of the Arabic culture and countries.
- Additional Uses of Modern Standard Arabic Alphabet
- Identify and read additional vocabulary
- Write sentences and paragraphs using Arabic characters
- Additional pronunciation of consonants and sentences
- Additional oral communication from in-person sources, video, audiotapes (CD’s)
- Additional Grammatical Structures
- Additional basic sentence structure
- Additional present tense structures
- Past tense structures
- Noun-adjective phrases
- Fronted predicate
- Gerund and participle
- Roots and patterns of verbs
- Demonstrative pronouns
- Additional Interpersonal Transactions and Protocols
- Additional questions
- Descriptions of people, places, and things
- Clothing and food purchasing
- Simple recipes and meal traditions
- Hobbies and sports
- Weather conditions seasons
- Additional Cultural Contexts
- Historical contexts
- Geographical contexts
- Social interactions
- Customs of different Arab countries
Full Academic Year 2018/19
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)