Dec 03, 2022
ACC 292 - Volunteer Income Tax Preparation Field Experience 3 Credits, 9 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 9 Lab periods
Supervised placement in a volunteer income tax preparation program. Includes tax preparer trainings and preparing free basic income tax returns with electronic filing to qualified individuals. Also includes regular supervisory service with an instructor and agency supervisors.
Information: This course requires 135 hours of training in a volunteer income tax preparation program.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Complete Federal and Arizona tax returns for individuals.
- Determine what documentation is required to complete the individual returns.
- Determine which deductions and credits are available to the taxpayers.
- Communicate with taxpayers and supervisors regarding the status of the returns including completed forms, missing information, and outstanding tasks.
- VITA Training
- Certification - Volunteer Standards of Conduct
- Certificaiton - Quality Review Practices
- Certification - Tax Preparation, Advanced
- Certificaiton - Health Savings Account
- Tax Experience: Prepare Individual Income Tax Returns
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)