Jul 07, 2022
ACC 281 - QuickBooks Computer Accounting 3 Credits, 3 Contact Hours
3 lecture periods 0 lab periods
Hands-on experience utilizing current QuickBooks software with accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory and payroll features to set up and maintain accounting records for a small business.
Prerequisite(s): ACC 105 , ACC 150 , and ACC 211 (or concurrent enrollment in ACC 211 ).
Information: Prerequisite(s) may be waived with consent of instructor.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Generate and examine financial reports.
- Demonstrate and report on changes to the chart of accounts.
- Analyze and reconcile bank accounts.
- Demonstrate recording of customer invoice, payments and credits.
- Demonstrate creation of purchase order, receiving inventory and entering a bill for a vendor.
- Illustrate payroll process and paying payroll liabilities.
- Experiment with creating and customizing a QuickBooks company.
- Illustrate purchase and sales transactions for a service company.
- Illustrate purchase and sales transactions for a merchandising company.
- Apply knowledge acquired in this and your other accounting courses to a consulting project using QuickBooks software.
- Introduction to QuickBooks
- Installation of software
- Creation and use of company file
- Navigation tools
- Menus and icons
- Back-up and restore of company files
- Customizing QuickBooks
- Chart of Accounts
- Check register
- Deposit process
- Writing checks
- Reconciling bank accounts.
- Customers and Sales
- Adding, editing and viewing customers
- Customer Reports
- Vendors, Purchases, and Inventory
- Adding, editing and viewing vendors
- Adding, editing and viewing items and services
- Inventory, Purchase Orders and Bills
- Sales tax
- Vendor reports
- Employees and Payroll
- Payroll setup
- Time Tracking
- Payroll liabilities and Payroll tax forms.
- Payroll reports
- Reports and Graphs
- Trial Balance and Adjusted Trial Balance
- General Ledger
- Profit and Loss
- Balance Sheet
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Tax Reports
- Management Reports
- New Company Setup
- EasyStep setup
- Customizing QuickBooks
- Accounting for a Service Company
- Purchase and sales transactions
- Adjusting entries
- QuickBooks Consulting Project (8 week project)
- Real, practical experience working with an existing business that utilizes QuickBooks.
- Maintain monthly accounting records for the business, and produce all required internal and external reports using QuickBooks Software.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)