Oct 20, 2021
WRT 217 - Advanced Creative Nonfiction 3 Credits, 3 Contact Hours
3 lecture periods 0 lab periods
Advanced techniques of creative nonfiction writing. Includes advanced original writing, advanced critical responses to nonfiction, and marketing techniques.
Prerequisite(s): WRT 207 with a C or better.
Information: Consent of instructor is required to enroll in this course. May be taken four times for a maximum of twelve credit hours. If this course is repeated, see a financial aid or Veteran’s Affairs advisor to determine funding eligibility as appropriate.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Describe techniques of creative nonfiction writing.
- Apply techniques to original works.
- Develop criteria for literary analysis.
- Research appropriate markets for nonfiction pieces.
- Advanced Techniques of Creative Nonfiction Writing
- Material for original nonfiction works
- Writing process
- Adaptation of fiction techniques
- Intent and audience
- Voice and tone
- Advanced Original Writing
- Essays or memoir
- Advanced Critical Responses to Nonfiction
- Literary analysis
- Critical vocabulary
- Uses of critiques for revision
- Marketing Techniques
- Characteristics of professional writing
- Publishing opportunities
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)