Nov 30, 2021
WED 111 - Self Care for Personal Wellness 2 Credits, 2 Contact Hours
2 lecture periods 0 lab periods
Emphasis on mind-body methods for personal wellness through integration of physical, emotional, social, and spiritual dimensions of being. Development of a personal practice to achieve and sustain a balanced program to support personal health and well being.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply concepts of massage therapy modalities and the anatomical relationships to these modalities.
- Analyze professional development strategies.
- Perform and complete a personal wellness assessment and inventory.
- List and describe the factors that can influence wellness.
- List and describe the methods of self-regulation practices.
- Assess the indications and contraindications for self-regulation practices.
- Plan, prepare, and practice a personal self-care plan to meet physical, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual demands.
- Plan and integrate a sound nutritional eating strategy for a self-care plan.
- Create and maintain a journal to enhance success for a self-care plan.
- Develop and practice a personal exercise routine that cultivates strength, endurance, and balance
- Personal Wellness
- The Wellness Energy System
- Finding meaning
- Factors Influencing Wellness
- Self-Regulation Practices
- Self-Care Plan
- Personal Exercise Routine
- Body composition
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)