Jan 21, 2022
TRS 202 - Interpretation Techniques 3 Credits, 3 Contact Hours
3 lecture periods 0 lab periods
Specific theories and practices in interpreting oral communication from English to Spanish and Spanish to English. Includes theories of interpretation, techniques of interpretation, interpretation strategies, interpretation procedures, and modes of interpretation.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Identify theories of interpretation as applied to specific tasks.
- Choose techniques based on client needs.
- Apply appropriate strategies to an interpretation assignment.
- Implement interpretation procedures that best fit each occasion.
- Discuss the differences among simultaneous, consecutive, and sight interpretations.
- Theories of Interpretation
- Natural equivalence
- Techniques of Interpretation
- Listening for intention
- Types of oral presentations
- Types of audiences
- Settings and their significance
- Connotations and denotations
- Interpretation Strategies
- Extra linguistic information
- Interpretation Procedures
- Memory issues
- Semantic range
- Note taking
- Cultural contexts
- Modes of Interpretation
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)