Jan 25, 2022
THE 121 - Introduction to Theater Design 3 Credits, 5 Contact Hours
2 lecture periods 3 lab periods
Introduces the role of scenic, costume, lighting, and sound design in the theater. Includes costume history, elements and purpose; scenic, sound, and lighting elements and historical context; and design processes and techniques.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Analyze scripts for scenic, light, costume, and sound information.
- Research period styles.
- Develop appropriate scenery, light, costume and sound designs.
- Choose design materials to plan and execute techniques appropriate for budget and stage use.
- Costume History, Elements, and Purpose
- Scenic Elements and Historical Context
- Sound Elements and Historical Context
- Lighting Elements and Historical Context
- Design Processes and Techniques
Full Academic Year 2019/2020
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)