Dec 06, 2021
PAR 219 - Administrative Law: Immigration 1 Credits, 1 Contact Hours
1 lecture period 0 lab periods
Concepts and procedures of immigration law for paralegals. Includes an overview of immigration law and regulations, and practical applications in immigration law.
Prerequisite(s): PAR 101 and PAR 103 .
Information: Prerequisites may be waived if employed in a legal-related field, or if pursuing a post-degree certificate; see a PAR advisor or course instructor.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Describe applicable immigration laws and regulations.
- Develop skills for preparation of forms and documents relating to immigration law
- Overview of Immigration Laws and Regulations
- Substantive - basic concepts and sources
- Procedural - agency requirements
- Hearing procedures and appeals
- Practical Applications for Immigration Law
- Factual investigation
- Analysis of issues
- Determination of applicable agency(s)
- Preparation of (study and draft) forms and documents
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)