Jan 28, 2022
MUP 163 - Studio Instruction: Percussion I (Major) 2 Credits, 0.5 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 5 lab periods
Weekly studio instruction. Includes participation in student recitals and jury exams.
Corequisite(s): MUS 125 , MUS 127
Information: Students chosen by audition.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Develop a continued emphasis on proper physical characteristic for playing of one’s instrument.
- Utilize a concentrated practicing and mental approach for playing of one’s instrument.
- Expand upon, and the continuation of the student’s musicianship.
- Demonstrate playing of major scales from four sharps to four flats by memory with differing articulations.
- Demonstrate awareness of intervallic relationships and relate them to their instrument.
- Develop increased awareness of rhythmic subtleties.
- Develop increased awareness of music literature and its interpretation for performance.
- Basic Rudimental Pattern Mastery
- Basic Sound Production on a Variety of Percussion Instruments
- Accurate Rhythmic Interpretation
- Interpretation of Linear Lines
- Literature That is Listed as Etudes in Nature
- Literature That is Listed as Excerpts in Nature
- Literature That is Listed as Soloistic in Nature
- History and Theory to be Taught Relevant to Literature Being Covered
Full Academic Year 2017/2018
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)