Jan 28, 2022
MUP 063 - Studio Instruction: Percussion (Pre Major) 2 Credits, 0.5 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 5 lab periods
Weekly studio instruction. Course of study jointly determined by the instructor and student. Development of performance skills is stressed.
Information: Audition as a music major and faculty signature required before enrolling in this course. Contact the music department for audition and placement information. May be taken two times for a maximum of four credit hours. If this course is repeated, see a financial aid or Veteran’s Affairs advisor to determine funding eligibility as appropriate.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Use proper physical characteristics for playing.
- Utilize proper practicing and mental approaches for playing.
- Improve upon the student’s musicianship at whatever level he/she enters.
- Demonstrate playing of major scales from four sharps to four flats.
- Demonstrate awareness and the ability to play basic rhythms.
- Develop increased awareness of music literature and its interpretation.
- Introduction to Basic Sound Production on a Variety of Percussion Instruments
- Accurate Rhythmic Interpretation
- Interpretation of Linear Lines
- Literature That is Listed as Etudes in Nature
- Literature That is Listed as Excerpts in Nature
- Introduction to Basic Rudimental Patterns
Full Academic Year 2017/2018
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)