Sep 29, 2023
MUS 148 - Musical Theater Workshop 1 Credits, 3 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 3 lab periods
Movement and singing to enhance projection and communication capabilities in musical theater. Includes exercise in stage movement, staging and memorization of scenes, performance and musical theater, and reevaluation and practice.
Information: May be taken two times for a maximum of two credit hours. If this course is repeated, see a financial aid or Veteran’s Affairs advisor to determine funding eligibility as appropriate.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate improvement in skills for musical and vocal communication.
- Demonstrate improvement in poise and reduction of stage nerves.
- Demonstrate increased ability to use body language to communicate to the audience.
- Demonstrate the ability to audition.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform.
- Exercise in Stage Movement for Musical Theater
- Body language
- Mood projection
- Entrance and exit
- Staging and Memorization of Scenes for Musical Theater
- Exploration of musical theater repertoire
- Vocal range and rhythmic considerations
- Stage blocking for maximum vocal effect
- Performance and Musical Theater
- Reevaluation and Practice
Full Academic Year 2018/2019
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)