Sep 29, 2023
MUS 103 - Music Theory Review 1 Credits, 1 Contact Hours
1 lecture period 0 lab periods
Intensive review of music fundamentals. Includes clefs and basic pitch notation, scales, key signatures, intervals, and triads.
Information: May be taken two times for a maximum of two credit hours. If this course is repeated, see a financial aid or Veteran’s Affairs advisor to determine funding eligibility as appropriate.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate basic literacy writing music notation using notes and pitch classes.
- Develop and demonstrate basic literacy identifying major and minor scales.
- Identify and construct major and minor key signatures using scale degree names.
- Demonstrate and analyze basic intervallic structures.
- Demonstrate basic literacy writing and identifying the four types of triads: major, minor, diminished, and augmented.
- Clefs and Basic Pitch Notation
- Enharmonic equivalents
- Pitch Class
- Natural minor
- Harmonic minor
- Melodic minor
- Key Signatures
- Scale degree nomenclature
- Perfect system
- Major system
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)