Jan 25, 2022
HIT 108 - Health Information Employment Policies 1 Credits, 2.5 Contact Hours
.5 lecture periods 2 lab periods
Prepares students for employment in Health Information Technology. Includes employer requirements for CPR training, employment resources, resume development, Privacy and Security, immunizations, and the criminal background check.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Identify and apply appropriate study strategies to successfully complete course assignments and exams.
- Locate and use relevant in-person and online college resources.
- Analyze and develop productive time management strategies.
- Identify the importance of CPR training, Immunizations, Criminal Background Checks for HIM professionals.
- Discuss resources and requirements for HIM professions and develop a resume.
- Discuss the Privacy and Security Act.
- Study Strategies
- Textbook reading approach(es)
- Memory and concentration
- Attentive listening
- Organization of lecture/text material
- Note taking system(s)
- Test taking strategies
- College Resources
- College catalog
- Schedule of classes
- Academic advising
- Counseling services
- Library and Learning Center
- PCC online resources
- My Pima
- Student handbook
- Academic Computer Commons
- Financial Aid
- Time Management
- Personal analysis
- Creating a realistic balance
- Using calendars, schedules, to-do lists, etc.
- Life Choices
- Goals – academic, career, personal
- Level of commitment and motivation
- Growth mindset – emotional, intellectual, and personal
- CPR Certifications, Immunizations, and Criminal Background Checks
- Employer requirements
- Employment Resources for HIM Professions
- HIM organizations and certifications
- Volunteer opportunities
- Resume Development
- Employment history
- Privacy and Security
- Employer liability
- Government regulations
Full Academic Year 2018/19
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)