Jan 28, 2022
FAW 174 - Soccer II 1 Credits, 2 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 2 lab periods
Continuation of FAW 170 . Includes further development of individual skills, and skills and tactics for the student athlete or recreational player with a minimum of intermediate soccer skills.
Prerequisite(s): FAW 170
Information: May be taken two times for a maximum of two credit hours. If this course is repeated, see a financial aid or Veteran’s Affairs advisor to determine funding eligibility as appropriate.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of small group tactics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of systems of play.
- Demonstrate the ability to adhere to an exercise program.
- Further Development of Individual Skills
- Footwork (trapping, shielding, dribbling)
- Passing, receiving, controlling
- Further Development of Team Skills and Tactics
- Principles of attack
- Principles of defense
- Set pieces
- Corner plays
- Direct and indirect free kicks
- Goal kicks
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)