Jan 23, 2022
FAW 130 - Boot Camp Style Circuit Training 1 Credits, 2 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 2 lab periods
Total body conditioning using various exercises, stations, and equipment which provides a cardiovascular challenge while emphasizing development of muscular strength and endurance. Includes personal safety and preparation, personal fitness assessment and activity modifications, and exercise techniques.
Information: May be taken two times for a maximum of two credit hours. If this course is repeated, see a financial aid or Veteran’s Affairs advisor to determine funding eligibility as appropriate.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate improvement in cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength, and/or endurance.
- Demonstrate improvement in flexibility.
- Demonstrate the ability to adhere to an exercise program.
- Personal Safety and Preparation
- Assessing health risks
- Principles and safety considerations of warming up and cooling down
- Proper attire, including footwear for personal safety
- Personal Fitness Assessment and Activity Modifications
- Cardiovascular, muscular endurance, strength, and/or flexibility
- Techniques to increase or decrease exercise intensity
- Personal goal setting
- Confidence in performing exercises
- Techniques and Considerations for Exercise
- Monitoring cardiovascular intensity
- Proper body alignment and positioning
- Utilization of body-weight and various resistance equipment
- Increasing coordination demands within a routine
- Understanding work: recovery relationships
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)