Jan 23, 2022
FAW 128F3 - Cardio Cross-Training 1 Credits, 2 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 2 lab periods
Cardiovascular and muscular exercises generally set to music and performed rhythmically. Includes personal safety and preparation, personal fitness assessment and activity modifications, rhythmic cardio routines, and interval training.
Information: This course will utilize a variety of cardiovascular training modalities which may include floor exercise, steps, and interval training. May be taken two times for a maximum of two credit hours. If this course is repeated, see a financial aid or Veteran’s Affairs advisor to determine funding eligibility as appropriate.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate improvement in cardiovascular fitness.
- Demonstrate improvement in muscular strength, endurance, and/or flexibility.
- Demonstrate the ability to adhere to an exercise program.
- Personal Safety and Preparation
- Assessing health risks
- Principles and safety considerations of warming up and cooling down
- Proper attire, including footwear for personal safety
- Personal Fitness Assessment and Activity Modifications
- Cardiovascular, muscular strength, endurance and/or flexibility
- Rate of perceived exertion and exercise heart rate
- Techniques to increase or decrease exercise intensity
- Personal goal setting
- Confidence in performing exercises
- Elements of Rhythmic Cardio Routines
- Footwork and foot placement
- Proper body alignment and positioning
- Following music and counting beats
- Transitions between movement patterns
- Increasing coordination and balance demands within a routine
- Elements of Interval Training
- Recognizing intensity of activity
- Varying intensity to improve recovery heart rate
- Balancing activity time in different heart rate zones
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)