Oct 05, 2022
FAW 104F2 - Conditioning: Speed, Agility, and Quickness 1 Credits, 2 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 2 lab periods
Total body conditioning designed to enhance sport-related fitness for athletes or fitness enthusiasts. Includes personal safety and preparation, fitness assessments and goal setting, and conditioning.
Information: May be taken two times for a maximum of two credit hours. If this course is repeated, see a financial aid or Veteran’s Affairs advisor to determine funding eligibility as appropriate. This course is intended for individuals who have been participating in regular conditioning or sport activities.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate improved cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength, endurance, and/or flexibility.
- Demonstrate improved performance in sport-related skills (agility, balance, coordination, power, reaction time, and/or speed).
- Demonstrate the ability to adhere to an exercise program.
- Personal Safety and Preparation
- Assessing health risks
- Principles and safety considerations of warming up and cooling down
- Proper attire, including footwear for personal safety
- Confidence in sport-related fitness components
- Fitness Assessments and Goal Setting
- Reaction time (quickness)
- Power movements
- Olympic lifts
- Dynamic flexibility
- Form running
- Balance and stabilization
- Injury prevention
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)