Dec 03, 2021
DHE 260LC - Clinical Skills Enhancement II .25-2 Credits, 1-4 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 1-4 lab periods
A clinical remediation course designed to support identified second year dental hygiene students who are performing at or below clinic course expectations. Includes identification of need through clinical performance scores, development of individualized clinical remediation plan, and assessment.
Information: Students must be admitted to the PCC Dental Hygiene program and obtain consent of the Dental Hygiene department before enrolling in this course. May be taken two times for a maximum of four credit hours. If this course is repeated, see a financial aid or Veteran’s Affairs advisor to determine funding eligibility as appropriate.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Develop an education plan with dental hygiene faculty based upon student’s identified clinical deficiencies.
- Development of an individualized clinical remediation plan.
- Measure his/her success in the areas of deficiencies.
- Identification of Need for Remediation Through Clinical Performance Scores
- Faculty observation of student’s development
- Review clinic performance with student
- Confirmation of student interest in additional clinical instruction
- Development of Individualized Clinical Remediation Plan
- Skill remediation
- One-on-one clinical instruction
- Daily feedback for student
- Overall skill development progress
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)