Dec 03, 2021
DHE 160LC - Clinical Skills Enhancement I .25-2 Credits, 1-8 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 1-8 lab periods
A clinical remediation course designed to support identified first year dental hygiene students who are performing at or below clinic course expectations. Includes education plan, development of individualized clinical remediation plan, and assessment.
Information: Students must be admitted to the PCC Dental Hygiene program and obtain consent of the Dental Hygiene department before enrolling in this course. May be taken two times for a maximum of four credit hours. If this course is repeated, see a financial aid or Veteran’s Affairs advisor to determine funding eligibility as appropriate.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Utilize effective remediation clinical skills which may include but are not limited to:
- Speed of care
- Sequencing of care delivery
- Prioritization of care delivery/time management
- Skill refinement
- Data collection
- Patient safety
- Perform and participate in the assessment portion of the course with supervising faculty.
- Develop an educational plan with dental hygiene faculty based upon student’s identified clinical deficiencies.
- Develop an individualized clinical remediation plan.
- Measure his or her success in the areas of deficiencies
- Education Plan by Dental Hygiene Faculty Based on Student’s Clinical Deficiencies
- Assess student development
- Discuss skill development concerns with student
- Ascertain student interest in pursuing individualized instruction
- Development of Individualized Clinical Remediation Plan
- Create clinical instruction plan to address student deficiencies
- One-on-one clinical instruction with monitoring of progress and student feedback
- Student improvement and discussion with student
- Monitoring of student success in skill recovery
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)