Nov 30, 2021
CIS 199WK - Introductory Co-op Work: Computer Information Systems 1-8 Credits, 5-40 Contact Hours
0 lecture periods 5-40 lab periods
A supervised cooperative work program for students in related occupation area. Teacher-coordinators work with students and their supervisor. Variable credit is available by special arrangement.
Corequisite(s): CIS 199
Information: May be taken two times for a maximum of sixteen credit hours. If this course is repeated, see a financial aid or Veteran’s Affairs advisor to determine funding eligibility as appropriate.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply some of the principles, knowledge, and skills learned in classroom and laboratory in real work situations.
- Demonstrate improved skills, competence, and levels of accuracy in handling responsibility and work assignments.
- Demonstrate improved self-confidence in handling work assignments.
- Demonstrate skills in managing human relations: peers (children, customers, clients, etc.) and supervisors.
- Deal responsibly with the world of work: reporting promptly and management of time, energy, and stress.
- Demonstrate improved understanding of the career field.
Students are assigned to work (5 hours per credit per week) in a selected field experience job, which is appropriate to their program of study and their level of readiness to enter the world of work. They will meet with the instructor and on-site supervisor to enhance growth and evaluate progress. Weekly seminars with other students in the Cooperative Education/field experience or practicum will provide further insights and growth. Evaluation will be based on each student’s planned objectives and activities for the experience.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)