Oct 27, 2021
CAD 252 - Introduction to Parametric Modeling: Creo 4 Credits, 6 Contact Hours
3 lecture periods 3 lab periods
Introduction to parametric modeling with Creo. Includes parametric modeling techniques.
Prerequisite(s): CAD 117
Course Learning Outcomes
- Construct advanced level parametric models using Creo.
- Develop advanced level parametric views using rendering applications.
- Create prints including exploded, section, and detail assemblies.
- Demonstrate competency in plotting procedures to produce hard copy output of advanced level parametric drawings.
- Advanced Level Parametric Modeling Applications
- Feature based parametric modeling
- Modeling strategy
- Geometric relationships
- Advanced Detail Drawings
- Set drawing sheet properties
- orthographic, section, auxiliary, and isometric views
- View scales
- Dimensions and line types
- Drawing sheets
- Materials and mass properties analysis
- Advanced Assembly Drawings
- Components for sub-assemblies
- Degrees of freedom, mates, and constraints
- Assembly drawings, notes, and parts lists
- Final Project
- Project design
- Materials and fastener research
- Printer and plotter
- 3D rapid prototyping
Full Academic Year 2018/19
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)